I have always advocated strongly for improvements to our public transport system and I am proud that I have already secured for Kurwongbah constituents:
- a full accessibility upgrade at Dakabin Station;
- a new Park ‘n’ Ride facility at Lawnton Station;
- planning for expanded parking options at Narangba Train Station;
- new and upgraded facilities at Petrie Station (as part of the historical Moreton Bay Rail Link project); and
- the relocation of the Morayfield Road (Burpengary) bus stop to outside Burpengary Pine Village.
Burpengary Railway Station needs an upgrade now, because:
- age-related deterioration is putting off patrons;
the facilities are out of step with best practice in security, shade, all weather suitability, seating options and parking;
- the station lacks appropriate disability and pram access; and
- as more people settle in and around Burpengary, we need appealing public transport options to take pressure off our road network.
I am fighting to get our station upgrade fast tracked and I need your help. Please sign and share my online petition today.
If you know a local business who wants hard copies, or you are part of a community or sporting group and would like to collect signatures, please contact my office on 3448 9100 or e-mail Kurwongbah@parliament.qld.gov.au .
A big thanks to the Burpengary Community Association who are already out there working for progress!